HW: Amorphis EP

Chuck Rosenberg chuck at GENESISNETWORK.NET
Fri Jun 13 16:44:44 EDT 1997

New report on Amorphis' My Kantele:

Just now wrapping up a second listen...

The first track is...hmm...I dunno...

but tracks 2 and 3 are nice Hawky-Darxstarish space rock... I think it's
fair to say that A have sorta gone in a Drxtr direction here...melodic,
kinda-metal, spacey synths...it helps that they're Swedish also, especially
w/the vocals. The Lev cover is fine...but I've just heard this song so
much, I guess I'm a little tired of it...but very well-done... The Kingston
Wall track is great. KW musta been a great band...

Charlie