Off GWAR & Kids/Motorhead & Wasp

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Jun 13 12:37:31 EDT 1997

In article <E0wcSUJ-0004Bi-00 at ursa.cus.cam.ac.uk>, Carl Edlund Anderson
<cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK> writes
>I get the feeling that if you are straight with
>kids all the way they will understand most things.  I don't want to shelter
>any kids I have since I think that will, in the end, confuse them worse
>than ever (and take something away from someone and they want it instantly,
>right?).

I can't see a lot of problems with this approach. I don't even believe
in the Generation Gap or that a lot of the beef I had with my Dad's
generation was to do with my age. I'm 32 now and I still think *that*
generation's fucked. I'm hardly going to blow my wheels if either of my
kids are gay, toke out or are pagans. As long as they respect other
people's rights and property, they can do whatever makes them happy.

>     If I had kids, I'd take 'em to see Motorhead in an instant (if they
>wanted to go :)

"No you can't borrow the car! You're comin' with me to see Motorhead,
young man, or YOU ARE GROUNDED!!!!"

My biggest fear is my son becomes a jazz duffer.
I can just see him in a tweed jacket with patches on the elbows, smoking
a pipe. I'm headdbangin to Brainstorm, he comes in and says something
like "really, father, must you listen to that infernal racket? These
fellows can scarcely play their instruments. And where's the melody?"

*scary*

--
Jon Browne