HW: Black Sword

Chuck Rosenberg chuck at GENESISNETWORK.NET
Sun Jun 15 04:49:02 EDT 1997

----------
> From: Ian R
> >> That is one hell of a bold statement there...
> >> Isn't trashing _Space Ritual_ sort of like trashing the Bible?
> >
> > yes, it is.

Yes it is.

 but depending on your point of view, so is thrashing live
> >chronicles.

Maybe this one question is worthy of a poll in itself. I love LC. "Magnu"
always got me going with the Huy solos, nice distant version of Shade Gate
(one of my gave HW tracks, live and studio), inspiring "Rocky Paths", nice
instrumental "Dust Of Time"..."Moonglum" is nice melodic Huyey..."Dragons &
Fables" bores me in any form...as does Solitary Mind Games and Waiting For
Tomorrow, after a thousound listens, I still hope to find some pleasure
somewhere in these latter three tracks, but always fail...

> >space ritual got me into HW. live chronicles brought me back.

> I've never trashed live chronicles!  Some of the tracks off that album to
> this day rank up there as favorites...Moonglum, Song of the Swords,
> Zarozinia, Rocky Paths.  _I_ have only trashed one thing:  NEEDLE GUN!!!

I loved it at first (CotBS), in a sort of mean-BOC way...then became
incredibly tired of it and thought it was the poppiest, most-contrived
Hawktune ever written...now I just sing along and usually enjoy it...vote
for "catchiest" Hawktune evert written...
When a band for their whole career has been playing totally non-commercial,
riotous material, maybe a diversion into "pop" isn't a sell-out, but rather
a risk...just a guess...I'm sure cynics will disagree...
Charlie