Rare videos... do these even exist?

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Mon Jun 16 13:19:38 EDT 1997

gingoblin at easynet.co.uk writes:

> I've just been reminded about two HW videos that I'm wondering if anyone has
> any info on.
> The first is (I think) a German TV concert, from 1972. I heard about this
> years ago, but can't remember where. Has anyone ever heard of this, or even
> seen it?

The only German 1972 video clip that I know anything about is the one
minute clip of Hawkwind doing 'Silver Machine' at a disco with
Stacia, bubbles and all that was done for the BBC Top of the Pops show.
There's a very well dressed German announcer at the beginning saying
something along the lines of (I guess) "This is Hawkwind" but it's
only a minute or so in length.    If the BBC filmed anything longer
than that it seems to have been lost in the archives but if you *do*
know of a full length version........

> The second is an Italian TV concert, featuring the Hawklords in 1978. The
> guy who got me hooked on HW claimed some of this had been shown at a HW
> convention some years back. Can anyone confirm this?

There was a HawkOn convention in 1985 but I don't know if any videos
were shown then.   It's the only time there has been one I think
although perhaps someone knows of other occasions?

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk