Rare videos... do these even exist?

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Tue Jun 17 16:36:09 EDT 1997

William Duffy writes:

> > on the end of the Hawkon video that was sold by Trev Hughes), the
> > mimed
> > bit from the Bolan show, with no dave and bob playing guitar with
> > thick
> > leather gloves (which might be thought of as hawklords, due to Bob's
> > presence, even tho' they did QS&C) and a long vido of the stage show
> > of
> > the kid from silicon gulch. There may have been others, but that's all
> > can remember.
> >
> The Bolan clip, as far as I am aware, was not mimed, since HW have long
> said they would never appear on a music show miming, since the days they
> were asked to appear on Top of the Pops to do Silver Machine, thus Top
> of the Pops used the aforementioned clip instead.
>
> William

ah now - as I understand it Dave was ummmmm "unavoidably delayed"
somewhere else because the show *was* mimed and he wouldn't do it to
mime.   So Calvert stood in with a parrot on his shoulder (to represent
Mr Brock - I think?) and wore a motorcycle glove to "play" the guitar
with.

I hope that's right!

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk