Rare videos... do these even exist?

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Tue Jun 17 00:55:11 EDT 1997

M Holmes wrote:

> William Duffy writes:
>
> > The Bolan clip, as far as I am aware, was not mimed, since HW have
> long
> > said they would never appear on a music show miming, since the days
> they
> > were asked to appear on Top of the Pops to do Silver Machine, thus
> Top
> > of the Pops used the aforementioned clip instead.
>
> They were certainly miming on the Bolan show. The single was played
> and
> the band mimed, taking the piss, along. Brock may have refused to
> appear
> because of this, hence Calvert's "Brock" parrot.

I think your probably right there. It was probably a case of the band
being asked to mime, Brock refusing, and the others appearing without
him so as not to miss out on the extra publicity of appearing.

I don't think the vocals are mimed though, since I seem to remember it
sounding different to the original, although the actual instruments are
probably not being played.

William