HW: Favourites & First Hearings &c.

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Tue Jun 17 19:25:46 EDT 1997

Craig S. Wrote:

>Roger that! My first purchase was a $0.49 cutout of HotMG from Woolworth's
(back in
>my student days...) but just wasn't taken with it. Now, when that classic
'Tron/bass/synth
>intro into A&B was heard by me for the first time, it was all over. Been
hooked since then...
>(and my appreciation for HotMG has grown dramatically since then, too!)
>
>Craig Shipley
>craigs at pyramid.com

I found this list through my interest in the BOC side, and it was a happy
coincidence for me to find the HW stuff as well, since my interest in the
Hawks had been reawakened while I was over in Belgium by finding the 3-CD
Castle anthology.  Although I wasn't originally too knocked out by DoReMi
when it came out, SR blew my socks off, and I can remember an afternoonwhen
I managed to read just about all of MM's "Blood Red Game" in a single SR
listening session.   Strangely, I never actually bought it until about 7 or
8 years ago when I found it 2nd hand in Nottingham - I'd sort of given up
on them round QS&C & ASAM, they seemed to be going soggy.  So my favourites
are all of the oldies, plus "Live Chronicles" which I bought after the
aforementioned anthology.  Now I'm a fan again, and very interested in all
of the conflicting opinions about the stuff I've never heard.

That's my two-bobs-woirth.

ChrisW
"A man must go on a quest
 to discover the sacred fire
 in the sanctuary of his own belly
 to ignite the flame in his heart
 to fuel the blaze in the hearth
 to rekindle his ardor for the earth." — Sam Keen