OFF: Acrimony

Wed Jun 18 13:33:27 EDT 1997

On ons 18 jun 1997 13.57 "Daniel Wikdahl" <mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE> wrote:
> Has anyone heard the Welsh band Acrimony?
> I haven't, but I've seen their sound described as a
> Hawkwind/Sabs/Kyuss mixture and that makes me _very_ interested.
> Though their somewhat silly (IMHO: immature) Celtic&Cannabis image
> prevents me from order their latest CD "Tumali Shoomaroom" (or something
> like that) without hesitation.
> So if any of you can tell me more about them I would be very happy.
> Carl maybe?

    Yes, indeed--I just recently picked up _Tumuli Shroomaroom_ and am glad
I did so.  It didn't immediately blow me away, but a few repeated
listenings and I really began to like it.  I'm going to try ordering their
first album as well.  If you ahve to pick one, get _Tumuli_ since it is
about 20 minutes longer :)

    They do revel in the "Welsh druids on acid" image, but the album is
pretty good.  It seemed to be selling well in London and Kerrang raved
about it (though that's not necessarily a good guide anymore ;)

Cheers,
Carl