OFF: Acrimony

Daniel Wikdahl mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE
Wed Jun 18 10:00:22 EDT 1997

Carl:
>    Yes, indeed--I just recently picked up _Tumuli Shroomaroom_ and am glad
>I did so.  It didn't immediately blow me away, but a few repeated
>listenings and I really began to like it.  I'm going to try ordering their
>first album as well.  If you ahve to pick one, get _Tumuli_ since it is
>about 20 minutes longer :)
>
>    They do revel in the "Welsh druids on acid" image, but the album is
>pretty good.  It seemed to be selling well in London and Kerrang raved
>about it (though that's not necessarily a good guide anymore ;)

Thanks... I'll think I'll order Tumuli.
But I have to wait a few weeks 'cos I don't have any money right now
(Carl, you always say you know the situation but to me it seems like you're
buying CDs every day :-) and next week I'm going to Holland (Hi Jerry!).

Why do you think Kerrang isn't a good guide?
Are they writing about the wrong type of music... or has the magazine itself
changed in a bad way?
Has it ever been a good guide? I think they always tend to praise every new
British release...

"Jag har en papegoja -så jag bestämmer" (Rickard Fuchs)

Daniel Wikdahl
Kaptensgatan 2a
S-39 236 KALMAR
SWEDEN