OFF: Acrimony

Daniel Wikdahl mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE
Thu Jun 19 07:33:11 EDT 1997

Carl wrote:
>     Actually, I borrow a lot more CDs than I buy :)

I never borrow my friends CDs 'cos they don't buy anything I like
...at least they don't do that before I have bought the CDs myself... :-(

> But if I didn't buy
>CDs I wouldn't be as broke.  Actually, I haven't been nearly as broke this
>year as I was last summer when I spent a month or so with 10 pounds :)

Since May 20th my fortune has been _negative_ 550 pounds!
... and tomorrow I'm going to borrow another 10 pounds...

>> Why do you think Kerrang isn't a good guide?
>
>     Well, these days they've really drifted away from metal and heavy rock
>which is what they were originally about.

That is what I was trying to say in broken English in my last mail. :-)

> They don't cover the good
>underground stuff as well as they used to I think (though occasionally they
>surprise me by raving about Acrimony or Electric Wizard).

I never buy Kerrang but I used to. I stopped doing that for a few years ago
and then I hadn't liked the mag in a long time (...I kept on buying it 'cos
it was an old habit...)
I have never heard Electric Wizard... though I have seen at least one of their
CDs for sale... I think they use the same cover artist as Cathedral... or
am I mixing things up?!?

        mvh -Daniel

"Jag har en papegoja -så jag bestämmer" (Rickard Fuchs)

Daniel Wikdahl
Kaptensgatan 2a
S-39 236 KALMAR
SWEDEN