Surgeons in Toronto & Buffalo

Thu Jun 19 08:44:28 EDT 1997

Albert:

GREAT story!  I know that I was also "in awe" of you the first time I
met you -- here was the original drummer from my all-time favorite band
standing right in front of me (eating a sub and shooting the breeze with
someone else before I came over and introduced myself - yeah, I guess
even rock stars gotta eat...) and was somewhat shy approaching you -- of
course now I feel like I know you pretty well (at least well enough to
share a beer with ya at the bar).

Reminds me a little bit of one of the times you were at Mama Kin and I
was talking to some guy who was a old BOC fan and had come to the club
to get drunk and pick up girls (I think anyway - he was by himself, as
was I, and after we talked a bit, he approached these 2 girls and made
like we were old buddies -- don't know if I helped his chances or not -
I wasn't there to pick up girls - the wife's kinda funny about that...)
and he was really psyched to hear that tBS had Albert in it.  I think
he liked the band a lot, but really lost it when they played "Cities on
Flame" (although I think he was too drunk to realize Al was singing in
Spanish!).

So, we know this guy liked the old BOC tunes - I hope he liked tBS tunes
as well . . .

Deb's inviting fans onstage now, huh?  O.K., now I know the REAL reason
you guys haven't been back in Boston - you're afraid I'm gonna bring my
bass to the next gig! ;-)

John

PS:  Don't forget to check out my Brain Surgeons page --
http://members.aol.com/tbspostop/  -- it's got the latest word on
upcoming tBS shows (the west coast tour is only about a month away!),
among other cool things (Carl's favorite tBS track, "Time Will Take
Care of You", will be coming to a RealAudio Player near you within
the next few weeks).  You can also get to the Brain Surgones "Post-Op"
from my BOC page -- http://members.aol.com/bocfaqman/    -- enjoy!