Rare videos... do these even exist?

Mark Edmonds mmje at MMJE.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Jun 19 09:45:26 EDT 1997

In article <9706171636.aa02770 at uk.ac.ed.tattoo>, J Strobridge
<eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK> writes

>ah now - as I understand it Dave was ummmmm "unavoidably delayed"
>somewhere else because the show *was* mimed and he wouldn't do it to
>mime.   So Calvert stood in with a parrot on his shoulder (to represent
>Mr Brock - I think?) and wore a motorcycle glove to "play" the guitar
>with.
>
>I hope that's right!
>
>jill

As I recall, TotP used real concert footage and the Bolan show was
mimed. Didn't Dave's car "break down" enroute?

Does anyone have a video of HW's ECT performance done probably in
'83/'84? They played The Right Stuff and Angels of Death. It still makes
me chuckle thinking about this because after The Right Stuff, Dave
announced "We like smoking the right stuff you know!" and I remember
watching this program during daylight so it probably went out at about 5
o'clock in the afternoon - kiddies hour in other words!