HW: Hawkwind covers of other artists

Stephen Lindsey stephen at SPATIALWARE.COM
Thu Jun 19 15:42:47 EDT 1997

Frank & Carl say:

 On tor 19 jun 1997 12.41 "Frank Weil" <frankw at COMM.MOT.COM> wrote:
> > Bring it on Home, Willie Dixon, Hawkwind LP
>
>      This was not on the _Hawkwind_ LP (or subsequent re-releases of same)
> to my knowledge.
>
>     I think originally it was a Brock/Dharma Blues Band track which later
> saw a release under the Hawkwind name--but I could be wrong about that.
>
>      Check the Codex!
>
> Cheers,
> Carl

Well what goes around comes around....

I remember once coming up with the astonishing revelation that the
version of "Bring It On Home" which appears on
the Hawkwind Anthology is different than the version (credited to
the Dharma Blues Band) which appears on the "White Boy Blues" anthology
- Volume 2 I think

Of course everyone ignored me in the hope that I might just go away.......

so either there are 2 version by the Dharma Blues band (probably),
or just maybe one is some lineup that might have been Hawkwind (doubtful).

Cheers,
Steve L.

Other covers issues:

I think we don't count:

Covers of Tim Blake songs (cos Tim was in the band)
Covers of songs off Capn Lockheed (close enough to Hawkwind)
Covers of HLL solo songs (while HLL was in the band)

The Wild Thing was at the Hawkwind Convention thingy, if you count that I think
there were some other covers at the same time.