cotbs

Max Wilcox s333271 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Fri Jun 20 01:59:43 EDT 1997

Ron Jennings wrote:

> > Also, the Sword of the Dawn is not a manifestation of the Chaos Sword.
>
> unless i missed it, no one said it was.
>
> > I can't remember how the Chaos Sword fits into the Hawkmoon novels.
>
> i believe it was "the jewel" in dorians skull.

        But, the Grantbrettans (or however it's spelt) aren't really
embodiments of chaos - which the sword in Elric I guess was. But then
again, perhaps the sword was an embodiment of cosmic balance, which
still doesn't seem much like the jewel.
        My bet is that it's the runestaff that is the sword - whereas the jewel
isn't sentient, but is controlled by the Grantbrettans, the Runestaff
is, and is subject to higher powers.
        Corum on the other hand, is a little more difficult to find an
embodiment of the sword in, though. But that's another story...

- Max Wilcox