HW: Dumbest Lyrics (was: Black Sword)

Andrew Gilham Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM
Fri Jun 20 05:45:59 EDT 1997

>Do you mean Shouldn't Do That? It goes....

>Shouldn't
>    Do that!
>Shouldn't
>    Do that!

Actually, "Shouldn't do that" has some great lyrics - "You get nowhere/You
get no air/You're getting aware...", etc.  And the repetition is the point,
anyway, the forces of authority endlessly repeating "you shouldn't do
that".

If you're looking for poor lyrics, you needn't look further than "Moonglum
and Elric chasing Theleb K'aarna/Myshella now replacing Queen Yishana"
(although I hasten to add I quite like "Moonglum", which I find paradoxical
but there you go :)

- Andy

ObLP: The Doors - _Absolutely Live_