HW: Dumbest Lyrics (was: Black Sword)

Mark Edmonds mmje at MMJE.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Jun 20 07:13:53 EDT 1997

In article <01BC7D67.2B77B460 at host5-99-46-114.btinternet.com>, Andrew
Gilham <Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM> writes
>If you're looking for poor lyrics, you needn't look further than "Moonglum
>and Elric chasing Theleb K'aarna/Myshella now replacing Queen Yishana"
>(although I hasten to add I quite like "Moonglum", which I find paradoxical
>but there you go :)

The good thing about these lyrics is that unless you know what all those
bizarre fantasy names are, you can`t work out what the words are so they
never interfere with the music. I did try working out some of the lines
but they sort of ended up garbled "See the amazing super fly".

Star Cannibal is one of my contenders for poor lyrics as well as Studnik
Stan and that track on Sonic Attack which starts abbuu-dabbuu abbuu-
dabbuu. Its the one with the "The're trying to rob you of your right to
communicate".

To balance all that, some great lyrics:

Steppenwolf
Quark, Strangeness and Charm
Spirit of the Age

or to simplify it, anything Bob wrote I suppose!

Mark,
who's just managed to write something without mentioning Levitation.