cotbs

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Fri Jun 20 08:00:31 EDT 1997

>>         But, the Grantbrettans (or however it's spelt) aren't really
>> embodiments of chaos - which the sword in Elric I guess was. But then
>> again, perhaps the sword was an embodiment of cosmic balance, which
>> still doesn't seem much like the jewel.
>
>the sword does not represent chaos. it was neutral as far as law and chaos
>goes. merely evil.
>it destroyed both law and chaos in the end. didnt it?
>i always assumed it was the jewel, perhaps for no better reason than it was
>black.

I suppose all black artifacts look the same to you? <g>

Yeah, I suppose the jewel is the closest thing, since it had an almost-life
of its own and it could destroy Dorian's life force...

>it was more like granbreton, tho that still may not be right. but-
>gran=great, breton=britain. guess that was mm's lil joke.

Anyone else think MM's eight-pointed chaos symbol was based on
the british flag?

Andrew A. Apold (mordru at magg.net), aka  |
Roger Shrubstaff, Guildmaster of Reeves |
Barony of Silverwater (BL), Amtgard     |
aka Asgrim Dragon -=UDIC=-              |
 "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random