HW: Dumbest Lyrics (was: Black Sword)

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Sun Jun 22 07:00:32 EDT 1997

In article <19970621174348464.AAA91 at vucqpqlj>, Ron Jennings
<sprawl at STARLINX.COM> writes
>reptition of a pointless phrase, or some poetry that sounds very
>unrealistic, and comic-bookish.

Oy! Foul! Negative reinforcement of cultural stereotype.

Comicbooks, being the marriage of art and literature are not
intrinsically juvenile or sub-literate. I'm sure I don't really need to
point this out to such an enlightened audience, but ya know, it's a
kneejerk thing with me after 10 years. Some comics are crap, some
records are crap, some TV is crap, some movies are crap. Comics are no
more inherantly crap than any other artistic medium.

rant mode off!
--
Jon Browne