HW: Dumbest Lyrics (was: Black Sword)

Ron Jennings sprawl at STARLINX.COM
Sun Jun 22 10:45:44 EDT 1997

> >reptition of a pointless phrase, or some poetry that sounds very
> >unrealistic, and comic-bookish.
>
> Oy! Foul! Negative reinforcement of cultural stereotype.
>
> Comicbooks, being the marriage of art and literature are not
> intrinsically juvenile or sub-literate. I'm sure I don't really need to
> point this out to such an enlightened audience, but ya know, it's a
> kneejerk thing with me after 10 years. Some comics are crap, some
> records are crap, some TV is crap, some movies are crap. Comics are no
> more inherantly crap than any other artistic medium.
>
> rant mode off!

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
i did not slag comics.  i have owned (all at one time) THOUSANDS of comics.
 I STILL
own a couple of boxes full, and regret letting the others go.
but one often common characteristic of comics is that they tend to use
abstract
terms to over dramatize whatever they depict. comics are great, tho as you
say, some suck.
what i meant tho, was that some phrases i've heard used, sound like they
were lifted straight from the pages. it was the lyrics that seemed
stereo-typical.
apologies (as seems to be my calling, lately) for the negative
reinforcement.
it was not intended.

counter-rant complete....  ;)

i will speak no more on this, unless someone wishes to go private.
i am tired of having to run for my toothbrush everytime i stick my foot in
my mouth! ;)

rj