HW: Harvey Red Shift

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Sun Jun 22 12:29:18 EDT 1997

Why, oh, why did HB decide to name his release the very same thing that
Mark Shreeve named his latest? Is this gonna create confusion? You bet it
will. Just reading the missive below leads me to believe that confusion is
going to be the order of the day (Shreeves' latest, which hearkens back to
the analog-synth glories of TD's Rubycon, also has received rave reviews as
being a masterpiece, etc. etc. The letter below makes me wonder if the review
could be for his. Not to cast any doubts on David, but when you hear of two
releases, with the same name and both getting excellent reviews, you gotta
wonder).

Has anyone seen the cover of HB's Redshift? Is his name prominently displayed?
The Shreeve release just has an abstract orb on the front with the word Redshift
at the bottom, with his name only appearing on the back/inside cover; very stealthy...

Maybe BOC outta change the name of Ezkials Wheel (the ever-pending new
release) to Red Shift 'cuz that will insure that it'll go platinum... :-/

obCDPlayer: Al Stewart: Russians And Americans

Craig Shipley
craigs at pyramid.com

----------
From:   David Jones[SMTP:david at MASTMOOR.DEMON.CO.UK]
Sent:   Sunday, June 22, 1997 10:40 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list BOC-L
Subject:        Re: HW: Harvey Red Shift

>>         As you may be able to tell, my question is this - "are the EBS
>>releases
>> for this and last month out yet?" I take it red Shift is out, but are
>> the others? ICU? Spiral Realms? Does anyone have these?
>>         Just wanted to know...
>
>Got Red shift. I like it more than I usually do Bainbridge's stuff. Some
>of it reminds me of Wavestar and early Tangerine Dream.

Red Shift gets a seriously good write up in the new CDS catalogue of
Electronic Music
About a page of the stuff  - "this is one of the most sensational synth
albums I have heard in years "

trouble is when I tried to buy it last week it turns out it was a limited
edition of 500 not on EBS  and is sold out - I was told there may be plans
to re-release it on EBS though.

No sign of Love in Space yet.