HW: Black Sword

Tony A. Rowe HawkLord at AOL.COM
Mon Jun 23 02:55:21 EDT 1997

> Tony A. Rowe writes:
>
>  > > Moorcock indirectly got me into BOC, via Black Blade. I had read the
> Elric
>  > > series and was a big fan. At first I thought BOC just wrote a tune
about
>  > > Elric, then realized MM had actually collaborated with them...then
heard
> he
>  > > collaborated w/HW...finally realized he was actually a member with
>  > > HW...that was the evolution of my realization of MM's involvement
w/rock
>  > > music...

Just to set things straight... I never wrote this.  This was written by
another person on the server.  I am yet to get into BOC, but after reading
bits about them on the server, I will probably pick up a couple of albums...
any suggestions?

>  Same here. I was a bejant (obUS: freshman) student in 1976 and had to
>  share a room in halls. I was avidly reading the Corum books at the time...
snip snip snip snip snip snip snip
>The following year I bought
>  hifi and started collecting records. My uncle had a record shop and
>  ordered the singles for me so I nabbed everything except Kings of Speed,
>  Hurry On Sundown, and of course the one I still don't have: "Hassan I
>  Sabha".

Good story, but you don't have Hassan I Sahba?  Go get it!  That is a
Hawkwind song that even my girlfriend enjoys!

Tony