HW: Dumbest Lyrics (was: Black Sword)

Mike Parkington Mike.Parkington at UUNET.PIPEX.COM
Mon Jun 23 03:40:31 EDT 1997

No, Sorry,

The Lyrics to Lighthouse are utter unmitigated toss.

'light the lasers in your heaaaaaart'   What is that??

----------
From:   Andrew Gilham[SMTP:Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM]
Sent:   20 June 1997 10:45
To:     Multiple recipients of list BOC-L
Subject:        Re: HW: Dumbest Lyrics (was: Black Sword)

>Do you mean Shouldn't Do That? It goes....

>Shouldn't
>    Do that!
>Shouldn't
>    Do that!

Actually, "Shouldn't do that" has some great lyrics - "You get nowhere/You
get no air/You're getting aware...", etc.  And the repetition is the point,
anyway, the forces of authority endlessly repeating "you shouldn't do
that".

If you're looking for poor lyrics, you needn't look further than "Moonglum
and Elric chasing Theleb K'aarna/Myshella now replacing Queen Yishana"
(although I hasten to add I quite like "Moonglum", which I find paradoxical
but there you go :)

- Andy

ObLP: The Doors - _Absolutely Live_