HW: OZ Tour Delayed :(

OzHawks OzHawks at PCMICRO.COM.AU
Mon Jun 23 08:45:22 EDT 1997

Hi everyone,

I'm afraid there's been some (partly) bad news. The tour is not to happen in
August, due to time limitiations.

It now looks like it will happen after the UK tour - probably in late
November. Both the promoter and Hawkwind management still want to go ahead -
which is great news. Work on the tour is not going to stop - the promoter is
going to finish the costings and finalise the venues still to be sorted out
over the next few weeks, and the decision should be made about it all
(including final/real dates) within a few weeks.

The good aspect of this is that once dates are finalised, things
can HAPPEN -which hasn't been the case so far because nothing has been
finalised. It also means that the new studio album will be available - which
is a BIG plus from the promotion side of things. It also obviously gives us
the chance to raise awaremess of HW through radio, Pay TV, magazines etc.
prior to tickets going on sale - a luxury we didn't have before.

I can't say that I'm not a little dissappointed, but with more time to do real
work on the tour, and the fact that it is in a much better part of the year
(we may be able to tie it in with outdoor festivals etc. now), it is the
wisest decision.

I've updated the Web page to reflect this, including a list of cities which
had been booked to give you some idea of where it was at. More as it comes to
hand.

With regards to the "Flying Doctor", the much-delayed next issue won't happen
until August - my work committments over the next month are too severe for me
to spend time on it (the tour delay is of some relief from that point of view
I suppose)

That's all for now,

Paul

--
OzHawks          The Australian Hawkwind Appreciation Society
PO Box 884          Mail us an SAE for our free newsletter
Australia                   OzHawks at pcmicro.com.au