obWhatever

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Mon Jun 23 09:33:18 EDT 1997

Mark sez....

Another question: I notice that a lot of posts have an "ob:" followed by
an album name or something or other. Assuming this to be a
recommendation of sorts, what is the ob stuff for and what is the
etiquette?

Mark

ob: baked beans and tabasco sauce
------------------------------

Oh, bud, I'm glad that you are in the UK and not here. That sounds like a
lethal combo!!!!  At least it is for me!!! :-)

The "obCDPlayer/Cassette Deck/whatever" is a method of us sharing with the
world what we are listening to. Sometimes we deviate to throw in something
funny (I.E. I normally have music on when on the computer, but after the
birth of my daughter, I put in "obBaby Monitor" to brag a little bit) or
appropriate to the topic.
The meaning is "obligatory" and was meant to make the post appropriate to
the mailing list. For example, on my post for selling my old laptop, I
should have put in "ObCDPlayer: HW / HotMG (remastered)" and I would,
theoretically, been in compliance with the group.

obCDPlayer: Off

Craig Shipley
craigs at pyramid.com