HW: Hawkwind covers of other artists

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Mon Jun 23 09:45:01 EDT 1997

Stephen Lindsey wrote:

> Frank & Carl say:
>
>  On tor 19 jun 1997 12.41 "Frank Weil" <frankw at COMM.MOT.COM> wrote:
> > > Bring it on Home, Willie Dixon, Hawkwind LP
> >
> >      This was not on the _Hawkwind_ LP (or subsequent re-releases of
> same)
> > to my knowledge.
> >
> >     I think originally it was a Brock/Dharma Blues Band track which
> later
> > saw a release under the Hawkwind name--but I could be wrong about
> that.
> >
> >      Check the Codex!
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Carl
> >

> Well what goes around comes around....
>
> I remember once coming up with the astonishing revelation that the
> version of "Bring It On Home" which appears on
> the Hawkwind Anthology is different than the version (credited to
> the Dharma Blues Band) which appears on the "White Boy Blues"
> anthology
> - Volume 2 I think
>
> Of course everyone ignored me in the hope that I might just go
> away.......
>
> so either there are 2 version by the Dharma Blues band (probably),
> or just maybe one is some lineup that might have been Hawkwind
> (doubtful).

According to HawkFan no. 10 There was a John Peel recording session
early 1969, which included "Bring it on Home" (that session would make
for a great release!!!). The original version was apparantly recorded at
the Royal Albert Hall in 1968, and released on "The Buskers", which was
the recording of that event.

Hope that little bit of info is useful.

Bye
William