HW: Finding venues and dates

Frank Weil frankw at COMM.MOT.COM
Mon Jun 23 14:52:00 EDT 1997

Mark Edmonds wrote:
> Is there a web based resource which lists venues, dates and song lists
> for HW gigs?

My Golden Void site has the information.  The main URL is

        http://www.enteract.com/~weil/golden_void/

If you just want the gig information, go to

        http://www.enteract.com/~weil/golden_void/gigs/

> I am after the venue for the Amsterdam gig on 11/3/77 and I have another

The Amsterdam gig was at the Paradiso.  The setlist was

Brainstorm // Damnation Alley // Fable of a Failed Race // Forge of
Vulcan // Hassan I Sahba // Iron Dream // Paranoia // Reefer Madness
// Sonic Attack // Spirit of the Age // Steppenwolf // Uncle Sam's on
Mars // Waiting for My Man // Wind of Change

> tape just titled "Live in New York 1978" which I need exact date, venue
> and if possible song lists for. This tape has an absolutely killer
> version of Steppenwolf but the tape runs out half way through it. Does
> anyone know of this gig and have a fuller recording of it?

The only dates that New York Hawkwind played in New York in 1978 were
at the Bottom Line club, on March 6th and 7th.  The setlists I have
for those days are:

March 06, 1978
Brainstorm // Damnation Alley // Death Trap // Hassan I Sahba // High
Rise // Intro // Iron Dream //
Robot // Sonic Attack // Spirit of the Age // Steppenwolf // Uncle
Sam's on Mars

March 07, 1978
Brainstorm // Damnation Alley // Hassan I Sahba // High Rise // Intro
// Iron Dream // Robot // Sonic
Attack // Spirit of the Age // Steppenwolf // Uncle Sam's on Mars

These may not be complete, though.

Frank