T2/Boomland...Memories of youth

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Mon Jun 23 17:47:01 EDT 1997

I said:
>This also prompted me to thinking about age (aaaagh, gasp, choke).  There
>was some talk about the youngest members of the list a little while back,
>but what about the other end of the spectrum.   I just hit 41, and I figure
>quite a few of you are in the same territory and I'm curious about the
>general distribution (both sides of the list).

To which Craig S replied:
>Well, Chris, old man, I'll be the same age as you a week from now. But
>there are a couple of gents on the list that'll call us "babies", so don't
>sweat the small stuff, as it is ALL small stuff. I intend to remain about
>28 mentally for a long time....

I'm not really sweating it myself: I had my bad year at 37 (I've no idea
why!).  Since then I've not really been bugged at all, and like you, I
reckon I've stuck somewhere round 28.  I always reckoned I was too young to
be a hippy and too old to be a punk, I've decided that I transcend all
classifications *g*  Somebody got in before me in upbraiding JonB over his
"jazz duffer" comment, but I always found the (modern/avant-garde) jazz
world refreshingly free of age/class/style boundaries!

ChrisW

ObPlaying-Right-Now: Henry Threadgill/makin' a move
"A man must go on a quest
 to discover the sacred fire
 in the sanctuary of his own belly
 to ignite the flame in his heart
 to fuel the blaze in the hearth
 to rekindle his ardor for the earth." — Sam Keen