HW: Hawkwind covers of other artists (Forward)

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Tue Jun 24 18:34:28 EDT 1997

langner timothy writes:

> >The original version was apparantly recorded at
> >the Royal Albert Hall in 1968, and released on "The Buskers", which was
> >the recording of that event.
>
> How muhc is this record worth? and is it easy to get hold of?

Interesting question and it depends who's selling it.    It's one of
those curious albums that are so unique there almost isn't a market, so
I've seen it offered for sale at amazingly low prices!    There was a
period when several were being offered through Record Collector and I'm
sure there are copies around.   On the other hand it could cost you an
arm and a leg and a kidney or two if you were unlucky enough to find a
seller who wanted to charge full rarity value for it.

BTW - Brock's is about the only decent track on it - the rest are  -
well -  maybe not quite of the highest quality....  8-)

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk