Palace Springs

Stephen Swann swann at ST-CANARD.SPC.EDU
Tue Jun 24 17:07:19 EDT 1997

Rob Stuckey writes:

>    I'd seen Hawkwind twice in the late eighties, but still wasn't
>   convinced. Then one day I saw Palace Springs going cheap in a
>   record shop so I bought it. A week later I listened to it for
>   the first time while me and a friend were playing computer games.
>    I nearly changed the CD when I heard Back In A Box, but then
>   Assault & Battery came on and both my firend and I were instantly
>   hooked. It's a brilliant song and clearly the best version of it.

Just to make sure that no remark ever passes unchallenged on this
list: I think the Friday Rock Show version is the greatest ever.  ;-)

>    Golden Void and a superb Damnation Alley are both (arguably)
>   better than the originals.

Arguably.  "Which version of Golden Void" is one of those balanced-
on-a-knife-edge decisions for me...

Steve