Surgeons in Toronto & Buffalo

Stephen Swann swann at ST-CANARD.SPC.EDU
Tue Jun 24 17:59:58 EDT 1997

Albert T Bouchard writes:

> tBS had a cool trip to NXNE and Buffalo this weekend. Both shows had a
> modest turnout although the Buffalo club was smaller so it seemed like
> more. Another thing common to each show was the lack of publicity.
>
> El Mocombo is a club in Chinatown in Toronto with not so many clubs close
> by. We played upstairs so people couldn't see us from the street. The
> upstairs isn't used that often anymore so there was some interest in this
> famous stage. Many people there stayed for the whole night throughout the

In case anyone isn't sure how the El Mocombo is famous, that's where
Rush made their name.  I always wondered how it was spelled...
frankly I'd envisioned something like Alma Combo.  :-)

I'm peeved.  I was in Buffalo 2 weeks too late for tBS show.  And
since I got turned away at the door (I'll relate this bizarre story
some time) of the Webster Hall show, it's now been *far* too long
since I've caught a show...

Steve