OFF: Gong :)

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Jun 25 05:14:30 EDT 1997

In article <33B0CD56.4ED at micron.net>, Cliff and Pam Wheaton
<cwheaton at MICRON.NET> writes
>Hi all!
>Just had to say that I got "Angel's Egg" tonite:) WoW! I'm going to be
>getting the other two-thirds of the trilogy as soon as possible.
>Excellent is just too short a word for this cd. Stupendous would be
>better!! If these guys got really serious, they'd be even more
>frighteningly good:) whoa!! Is the rest of their stuff as well done?

Daevid Allen era is all this good. You will want Camberbert Electrique,
You, Radio Gnome Invisible Pt.1 and Magick Brother, Mystick Sister. (in
that order) Gong Live is worth getting as is his solo outing Now Is the
Happiest Time Of Your Life. You may wish to be a little cautious after
the band became Pierre Moerlin's Gong - I am not keen on "Gazeuse" or
"Shamal". they are very different, all instrumental and utterly jazz. I
expect a few "no, no they're great LP's" but there are very different to
Divided Alien's Gong. The album he did with Here & Now - "Floating
Anarchy '77 is also a lo-fo classic.

ObIrony 1995 Here & Now release "UFOasis"
        1997 Oasis release "Be Here Now"

not a lot of people know that!
--
Jon Browne