OFF: Expose' #13 advertising info.

Sonique sonique at MAIL.PCMICRO.COM.AU
Wed Jun 25 09:20:48 EDT 1997

There's an article on the Hawks in the next issue of Expose!

Sonique
From:          ptlk at netcom.com (The Lighthouse Keeper)
Subject:       Expose' #13 advertising info.
To:            ptlk at netcom.com (The Lighthouse Keeper)
Date:          Wed, 25 Jun 1997 00:58:21 -0700 (PDT)

                 Exploring The Boundaries of Rock

The next issue of Expose' is just around the corner. Issue #13 will hit
the street at the end of July if all goes as planned. Features will include a
profile of the band Cast, a lengthy interview with former Yes/Flash guitarist
Peter Banks, a Hawkwind megafeature with two interviews (Dave Brock, Simon
House), Features on Victoriaville, Progfest, and (maybe) Prog-Est, live review
of Boud Deun at Orion, Zendik Tribe Band, and the first nationally published
interview with guitarist Carl Weingarten. We'll also have a history and
overview of Spirit & Randy California. Plus all the roundtables, live reviews,
new releases and reissues.

Advertisers, I originally said I would need your artwork by July 4th,
and your commitment by June 27th. I believe I can slip both of those
dates by one week and still get the issue out before August. But please
let me know as soon as possible regarding the size and other specifics.
Plus, about 60% of the ad space is already spoken for - after it's full
that's it. I can't add pages without drastic increases in postal costs.

Also I had hoped to be able to do file transfers by this time, but we're
still having reliability problems, so for the time being we will still
need a laser hardcopy of all artwork unless special arrangements are
made with my publisher (Brad Owen, (408) 986-1494)

How Advertising in Expose' can help You:

Fact: Expose' reaches approximately 1400 readers in over 20 countries through
      subscriptions, store sales, mail-order dealers, and complimentary
      mailings. Your advertisement will be seen by many readers.

Fact: Expose' is widely respected as one of the best English language
      publications for progressive music, consistently ranked above the
      others by the readers in perceived value.

Fact: Readers typically comb through our pages many times over; your ad in
      Expose' will be noticed again and again.

Fact: Readers typically keep every issue of Expose' handy for future reference
      and refer to it whenever making their music purchases. Your ad will not
      end up lining the birdcage.

In addition, your advertisement will provide the necessary support so that we
can continue, on a regular basis, to disseminate information on the musicians
that matter and the music they make.

The following schedule approximates the advertising and publication deadlines
for the remainder of 1997:

Issue #    Ad Commitment Date     Artwork Req'd Date     Expected Street Date
-------    ------------------     ------------------     --------------------
#13        July 4                 July 11                July 25

#14        October 3              October 10             October 31

#15        January 2, 1998        January 9              January 31

Advertising rates and sizes:

Type                        Specifications(Inches/Picas/cm)       Cost
-------------------------   ------------------------------------  ------- Full
Page                   7.5 x 10.25 / 45p0 x 61p0 / 19 x 26    125.00

Half Page Horizontal        7.5 x 5.0 / 45p0 x 30p0 / 19 x 12.7     60.00

Half Page Vertical          3.6 x 10.25 / 22p0 x 61p0 / 9.2 x 26    60.00

Quarter Page Horizontal     7.5 x 2.5 / 45p0 x 15p0 / 19 x 6.3      30.00

Quarter Page Vertical       3.6 x 5.0 / 22p0 x 30p0 / 9.2 x 12.7    30.00

Eighth Page                 3.6 x 2.5 / 22p0 x 15p0 / 9.2 x 6.3     15.00

A volume discount of 10% is available when placing prepaid ads in 3 or more
consecutive issues. Ads need not be the same size.

CONCERNING ARTWORK & LAYOUT:

Size of your ad should conform to the specifications above. Artwork may
contain text, graphics and scanned images (B&W), but should be no finer
than 130 line screen.

Payment: in US Dollars, by check drawn on U.S.Bank, International Money
Order, or cash in a Registered Letter. Pre-Payment is encouraged.
Otherwise, Payment is due on receipt of invoice.

Thanks for your interest and support.

Peter Thelen
Editor
Expose'