HW: Dumbest Lyrics (was: Black Sword)

Jon Jarrett jaj20 at HERMES.CAM.AC.UK
Thu Jun 26 10:07:29 EDT 1997

On Sun, 22 Jun 1997, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:

>     I dunno, I like a lot of Brock's lyrics.  "Heads" is a good example.
> Never thought to compare them with Calvert's.  Calvert was a word worker.
> I mean, I _expect_ good lyrics from Calvert.

        Some of Brock's early lyrics were quite cool, esp. We Took the
Wrong Step Years Ago. But once he lost the new age mindset they got less
so I think.

>      Though actually, I'm not really a lyrics person.  I'm willing to put
> up with silly lyrics if the music is good.  I consider good lyrics a bonus.

        Mind you, the best of Brock's lyrics are both good *and* silly -
Social Alliance and Secret Agent come top of the list for me here...
Yours,
       Jazza

 |         Jon Jarrett, Pembroke College, Cambridge                     |
 |         (01223 327450)                 jaj20 at hermes.cam.ac.uk        |
 |"Find the microwave and you shall find the bison!" Clare Boothby(1997)|