Off: MIR

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Fri Jun 27 00:01:30 EDT 1997

Hey ho!   This conversation never happened - but then again....

Friendly British Bloke:  " Hey guys.   Do any of you remember a BBC
Radio programme called The Navy Lark"

Russian captain:  "It voz on Vorld Service, yah?   Comedy - vith Jon
Petrie - no Pertwee and Kenn'th William?"

FBB "Yes that's the one, about an accident prone British navy ship."

RC:  "Ah yes, they could never manage to dock their boat in the
harbour!   What vos it they vould say?  - the left about - no - it vos
the Left Hand about - or down.  But vy you raise this now?"

FBB: "Well, you know that supply module that we detached a few moments
ago to practice docking with?

RC: "The one approaching us.....

FBB: "Well I wonder if we shouldn't be trying.....

RC: "..... rather fast...... "

FBB: ".... just a little bit of......"

RC:  "In fact I think we may be going to....

BOTH: "....Left Hand Down a Bit!"

                <Interesting crunching sounds off>

RC: <probably in Russian>   "Oh dear.
        Ah - Moscow?   We seem to have a problem"

Bummer  8-(

jill

Obinaccuracy>  weather forecasts!
J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk