Off: Mick Farren

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Sat Jun 28 07:02:44 EDT 1997

>From Dan Witt:

>Off the subject a bit.  I've been looking for while for a copy of Mick
>Farren's Vampires Stole my Lunch Money. Anybody here ever heard it?

I can remember it coming out, though I'm not sure if I ever heard any of it
- shortly before this, The Deviants got back together to record an EP for
Stiff - "SCREWED UP" (Stiff LAST 4)
A:
OUTRAGEOUS/CONTAGEOUS (Farren/Rudolph/Wallis)
LET'S LOOT THE SUPERMARKET AGAIN (LIKE WE DID LAST SUMMER) (Farren/Rudolph)
B:
SCREWED UP (Farren/Rudolph)
SHOCK HORROR ?O?? LOOMING (Farren/WALLIS)

Note: all spellings from the label ;)

It's all fairly raucous (but funny) pub-rock/punk hybrid.  I can't actually
read the full title of B2 because of the punch-out slots; the track is a
skit on tabloid newspapers.  A2 is a hoot too "Come on ev'rybody let's loot
Tesco, Whiiile we got a chance".  It's P & C 1977, produced by Larry
Wallis.  Side A run off groove has  "GABBA GABBA MAYBE" scratched in the
matrix, while side B says "IS LEW LEWIS A NONE GOING SITUATION".  All in
all, a typical early Stiff release.

Brought to you by the desdinova musical trivia service.

ChrisW

"If it ain't Stiff, it ain't worth a F*ck"
ObInCarEntertainment:Alligator Records Twentieth Birthday Collection