BOC: Bakersfield

Michael G Karschner pookadad at DELTANET.COM
Mon Jun 30 10:55:10 EDT 1997

WOW!!!!   Bakersfield was great--16 years between seeing the Boys is way
too long!  :)  The show was simply amazing--ranks up there as one of the
"greatest nights of my life!"  Five feet from the stage, right in front
of Eric--woo hoo!  Buck was incredible to watch in action.  Danny, as
others have said before, looks like he's having so much fun on stage.
 Great to see Allen--he even smiled a few times!  And Bobby's drum solo
during Godzilla was inspiring.

I guess this is pretty much the standard set list recently, but here it
is anyway:

  Stairway to the Stars
  Before the Kiss
  ETI
  Harvest Moon
  Buck's Boogie
  The Vigil
  Live for Me
  Cities on Flame
  Last Days of May
  In Thee  (my personal favorite)
  Burnin' for You
  Godzilla
  Don't Fear the Reaper
  Encore:
     OD'd on Life
     The Red and the Black

It was really great to meet so many AOLers:  AnitaRocks, LASnowman,
Sinmoohap, Vegas4BOC, BeachNik60, HDBOC, Rev Che, JAVan69 (sorry about
spilling your beer  :o  ), and the others I regretfully can't remember.
Manuel from BOC-L was there also (sorry about spilling JAVan69's beer on
you).  Great to meet everyone, and especially great to shake the Boys
hands.  What a night!  -- Mike