BOC: Extraterrestrial Live

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Mon Jun 30 13:04:48 EDT 1997

>> From:          M R Godwin <hssmrg at BATH.AC.UK>

> On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, Ted Jackson jr. EL84 wrote:
>
> > And another problem with ETL was that the band could have used it to
> > truly correct the 'sins of ommission and commission' and dug up some
> > great live songs that hadn't made it to a live recording yet, cf
> > 'Flaming Telepaths,' 'Stairway,' and a proper 'Buck's Boogie' come to
> > mind.  All great songs that BOC kicked ass on live but were never
> > issued on a live recording.
>
> I'm sure I have got a single with a live "Stairway" on it from the same
> period - presumably it just missed getting on the album. Does this anyone
> else remember this release?
>
> - Mike Godwin

John, let me say it for ya:
"It's in the FAQ...'

But seriously, I'd like to hear that one myself.  I have the 12
incher with Flaming Telepaths on it, but the quality isn't too hot,
I'm afraid.  There is a version of Stairway [albeit this too is ropy]
on Live '76, though I'm not sure this is an official recording.  But
since I mentioned it, and made reference to Al's fondness for
OYFooYK, it strikes me how hot Al's drumming is on both these
records.  And given the way he attacked his kit at tBS show I saw a
couple months ago, it's clear that Al really gets psyched in a
concert environment