HW: Assassins of Silence / Hundred-Watt Violence

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Mon Mar 3 17:09:33 EST 1997

This lunchtime I happened to be in my local record emporium and I stumbled
across a copy of _Assassins of Silence / Hundred-Watt Violence_ on *CD*.
Yes, folks, it appears that this covers compilation has *finally* surfaced
on CD.  The running time is a little over 76 minutes and the tracks
included are as follows:

        Slotnick, "Death Trap"
        Monoshock, "Psychedelic Warlords (Disappear in Smoke)"
        The Petals, "Hurry On Sundown"
        Puff Tube, "Quark, Strangeness & Charm"
        Gorilla, "Flying Doctor"
        Space Dust, "Orgone Accumulator"
        Voco Kesh, "We Took the Wrong Step Years Ago"
        Liquorball, "You Shouldn't Do That"
        Temple of Bon Matin, "Born To Go"
        F/i, "Robot"
        Fuzzface, "Urban Guerilla"
        Brainbombs, "Time You Left (This World Today)"
        The Mike Gunn, "Master of the Universe"
        Fly Ashtray, "Spirit of the Age"
        ST37, "The Watcher"

Listening to it right now, I can say the sound quality is good, the track
selections interesting, and that, from memory, there appears to be little
or no overlap with the BOC-L NetHawks _Hawkwind Covers All_ 4 cassette
covers compilation.  The production values are good, the liner notes
include personnel and recording notes, and BOC-L even gets a mention in
the "THANKS" section.

If you're reading, Doug Pearson, please let me congratulate you on a job
well done!

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Various, _Assassins of Silence / Hundred-Watt Violence_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.