HW: Assassins of Silence / Hundred-Watt Violence

Johan Edlundh hawkjoe at EKA.ERICSSON.SE
Tue Mar 4 00:49:26 EST 1997

At 17:09 1997-03-03 -0500, you wrote:
>This lunchtime I happened to be in my local record emporium and I stumbled
>across a copy of _Assassins of Silence / Hundred-Watt Violence_ on *CD*.
>Yes, folks, it appears that this covers compilation has *finally* surfaced
>on CD.  The running time is a little over 76 minutes and the tracks
>included are as follows:
>
>        Slotnick, "Death Trap"
>        Monoshock, "Psychedelic Warlords (Disappear in Smoke)"
>        The Petals, "Hurry On Sundown"
>        Puff Tube, "Quark, Strangeness & Charm"
>        Gorilla, "Flying Doctor"
>        Space Dust, "Orgone Accumulator"
>        Voco Kesh, "We Took the Wrong Step Years Ago"
>        Liquorball, "You Shouldn't Do That"
>        Temple of Bon Matin, "Born To Go"
>        F/i, "Robot"
>        Fuzzface, "Urban Guerilla"
>        Brainbombs, "Time You Left (This World Today)"
>        The Mike Gunn, "Master of the Universe"
>        Fly Ashtray, "Spirit of the Age"
>        ST37, "The Watcher"

Earth Calling    (Temple of Bon Matin)
Ejection         (New Bomb Turks)
Hassan I Sahba   (Tibetan Bowlers)
The Demented Man (Catharsis)
Lord Of Light    (Green Machine)
Magnu            (Lithium X-Mas)
Motorhead        (The Humpers)
Forge of Vulcan  (Sabalon Glitz)
Sonic Attack     (The Mike Gunn)
Silver Machine   (Cardinal Sin)

is on the vinyl. I miss Tibetan Bowlers "Sonic Attack" version of Hassan.
running order has gone through a huge rearrangement.

I guess the ltd edition of 300 vinyl copies is sold out now.

>Listening to it right now, I can say the sound quality is good, the track
>selections interesting, and that, from memory, there appears to be little
>or no overlap with the BOC-L NetHawks _Hawkwind Covers All_ 4 cassette
>covers compilation.  The production values are good, the liner notes
>include personnel and recording notes, and BOC-L even gets a mention in
>the "THANKS" section.

Doug's project was running parallell with the BOC-l project, and those
tracks he contributed to the BOC-l tapes was the outtakes from his own
project. Only overlap was the three tracks that was previous released -
ST37, F/i and Lithium X-mas. (only recalled from memory)

>If you're reading, Doug Pearson, please let me congratulate you on a job
>well done!
>
>Cheers,
>
>Paul.
>
>obCD: Various, _Assassins of Silence / Hundred-Watt Violence_

\\joe

 obLP: Various, _Assassins of Silence / Hundred-Watt Violence_