BOC & dont fear the reaper

Peter Sondergeld p.sondergeld at QUT.EDU.AU
Wed Mar 5 02:06:53 EST 1997

Yep, I heard it for the first time last Friday night at a mate's place. He
told me it had only just been released in Oz, and I usually take his word on
such things. Coincidentally, I heard it again on the radio while I was in a
shop the next day.
I think it's great that someone has made the effort to cover Reaper, even
though there are some things about it that don't grab me. They've altered
the riff slightly (different from how I learnt it, anyway) which may be
creative, or may be a mistake, I dunno. I also find it a bit too repetitive
- fair enough they've left out the middle section, but it suffers without
guitar fills and the like among the vocals (which are pretty good, BTW).
But, having said all that, full marks to them and I hope it does well.
What's good for them is good for BOC, and is good for us.
Pete.

At 10:14 AM 5/03/97 -0500, you wrote:
>        Hi,this might be old news but I thought i'd send it anyway.
>        The other day a local Australian radio show played
>        "dont fear the reaper" by a New Zealand band called the mutton birds.
>        Apparently it is in the top 40,and sounded ok to me.
>
>        regards
>
>        Marty

Peter Sondergeld
p.sondergeld at qut.edu.au

"Money isn't everything; it usually isn't even enough."    - Anon.