BOC: Jim Carroll lyrics

Torgo torgo at NORWICH.NET
Wed Mar 5 16:08:23 EST 1997

Hey all:

>The guy to ask about the Perfect Water lyric would be Jim Carroll, I don't
>know exactly what he meant, but it's probably something Jim heard Cousteau
>say in some interview or something. Might not be a big deal or literal quote
>as far as Cousteau is concerned.

I was a Jim Carroll Fan for quite some time before I ever even noticed that
Allen had wrote "Day and Night" off the catholic boy album. But as much as
I like Jim's tunes, and think his lyric writing is among the best anywhere,
I still have to think that many of Jim's lyrics are things that he jotted
down while he was tripping pretty badly during his acid soaked days. Example:

"Every night I have the same dream, a man behind the door
 with a tattooed erection, and no reflection,
 and eyes like a chinese whore."

Pretty bizarre stuff there Jimmy. The Cousteau lyric probably came from the
same source.

Torgo has left the Building...........
torgo at norwich.net