BOC-L Digest - 4 Mar 1997 to 5 Mar 1997

RJ SPRAWL at STARLINX.COM
Wed Mar 5 14:06:14 EST 1997

> Great point.  They may sound stupid to us as we are a little more
> serious about BOC than a casual fan.  We can debate this stuff until our
> mouths run dry but whats wrong with having a little fun or taking a song
> off?  I really like Let Go, I really do.  Does the song say anything
> special to me, lyrically or musically?  No.  I just think it would be
> fun being in front of the stage while the Oysterboys launched into this
> as set closer exhorting the audience to sing along.  So it has nothing
> to do with vampires or aliens but I bet it rocks live.  Sometimes a song
> >is only a song, why should it be more than that?

i usually hate songs with party or rocknroll themes,but i like "let go". i
like all of RBN,actually. and yer right,
let go really kicks live. i saw them play this at great adventure in
missouri about a decade ago. i got to see
blue oyster cult twice in one night, that night. watched the first show,
then sat there and waited till they came
on again. the shows were identical, but it was still cool, i was young and
in the army, there was nothing
better to do in the whole state....(cave crawling only goes so far in
entertainment value)  rj