BOC : Club Ninja Liner Notes -Reply

Jon Jarrett jaj20 at HERMES.CAM.AC.UK
Thu Mar 6 17:27:46 EST 1997

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, dench wrote:

> Why doesn't anyone like 'Debbie Denise' - I think it's great, and very
> funny!  I have also noticed that it is not trendy to like 'Going Through
> the Motions', which is a great pop song, and 'The Revenge of Vera Gemini',
> which, to my mind, is one of the great BOC songs.  If songs like 'Perfect
> Water' and 'Beat Em Up' are considered superior then I would have to say
> that you have all been listening to cranked-up Motorhead for far too
> long!!!!!!!!!!:)

        I don't like Debbie Denise because I think the singing is poor,
and the whole song strikes me as slow, plonky and over-strained. On the
other hand, the singing is worse on `True Confessions', which I do sort of
like, but that's because the lyrics are less simple (and, to my mind,
banal).
        On the other hand, despite the fact that it's a great pop song, I
do like `Goin' Through the Motions', one of the good bits of `Spectres',
although this is still a long way from my favourite BOC album. But `The
Revenge of Vera Gemini' is way cool, best-quality macabre BOC! With this I
have no problems. On the other hand, I don't think I've actually been
listening to Motorhead enough just lately... Jazza

 |         Jon Jarrett, Pembroke College, Cambridge                     |
 |         (01223 327450)                 jaj20 at hermes.cam.ac.uk        |
 |      "There's nothin' more dangerous than a wounded mosquito."       |