Thoughts on Spectres

THE CIDER KING PN013 at LAMP.AC.UK
Fri Mar 7 07:38:00 EST 1997

Hmm all this discussion on the merits or otherwise of Goin' through th
e Motions has had me listening to the album this morning (do I really
need an excuse?!). IMHO Spectres is in my top 3 BOC albums alongside
Imaginos and Tyranny and Mutation. Only one less than great tune amongst
them - Seaching for Celine (though I do like the bass on that). Goin'
Through the Motions is a song that I find grews on you (so does Athletes'
Foots, but that's a whole new kettle of fish). The first few times I heard
it I thought it was a stinker, but now I consider it an interesting change
in the album's nature.

Changing tack slightly I would agree with Vera Gemini being a top song,
and that Debbie Denise is iffy. Don't think it's a very good way to end
AoF. Might have been better if it had been positioned elsewhere (i.e.
not after Tenderloin another not so good track IMO). Still enough waffle,
and thanks to the info on Rick Downey.
Cheers,
Martin

"And when the party's over, It's all over" - Blue Oyster Cult