HW: Dead Common aka Live and Rare

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Sat Mar 8 11:57:42 EST 1997

J Strobridge wrote:

> Johan Edlundh writes:
>
> > At 17:41 1997-03-06 GMT, you wrote:
> > >Stale news probably but:
> > >
> > >Just been browsing the Hawkwind web page.   I see there's a warning
> > >issued about a recycled CD called "Live and Rare" on the Emporia label.
> > >Apparently it's reissued and renamed and not rare at all.   Wonder if
> > >they can be prosecuted under the Trades Descriptions Act?
> >
> > tell me more,
> > which hw page?
>
> http:\\www.hawkwind.com
>
> > what is the original entitled?
>
> I'd guess it's a reissue of either Text of Festival (which was partly a
> BBC Top Gear session in 1970) or Space Ritual II both of which have been
> variously reissued as:  In the Beginning, Master of the Universe, Early
> Daze, Live 70/73, Ridicule, Welcome to the Future, Hawkwind Live, or
> Bring Me The Head of Yuri Gagarin.  That's not a precise list but it
> serves the purpose.
>
> Apparently Doug Smith will be writing a letter to the massed ranks of
> Hawkwind fans on the subject.

I've seen it in a shop in town, and it looks as if it's the same tracks
as on the other Live and Rare album (The Best of and the Rest of
Hawkwind), as it has on it tracks like Angels of Death and Silver
Machine.
It even has a photo of Ron from Love in Space on the back. Bit of a
contradiction there?

William