NIK : ICU Discs

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Mar 10 04:43:16 EST 1997

Forwarded for your comment and enertainment....

Hi Jon,

People -want- this stuff!?

I spoke to Fred just now and he's under the impression we have 7.5ips
versions of "Maximum Effect" and "Presidents Tapes" (Engineers won't just
"run you off" a 15ips version..) we doubt that we can find Punkadelic as it
was made from tapes owned by all and sundry and it was hard enough to get
'em all in one place the first time.

Legal issues:

As for the legalities we say "bollocks to the lot of 'em" and thats the
official line. We never saw dime one from the original issues, add that to
the CD release of Newanatomy coming out without our knowledge and never
having even being sent a mechanicals or prs statement or anything concerning
its release we're agreed that we'd rather put this stuff out hoping to break
even (heck I'd even lose a few quid to stop yet more exploitation..) than
let someone else do it for profit.

Extra tracks:

Well, theres not much in the cupboard.. but we could either: split the good
live tape we have accross two albums so it would be Max Eff plus 35 mins
live stuff, the Pres Tapes plus 35 mins live stuff.. failing that bung the
two proper albums on once CD and be done with it.

Cover artwork:

Thats easy, Mary who did the Original PT sleeve is still around, and we
have all the scanning stuff available to do pretty good sleeves with all the
info anyone could want.

I wonder where the tapes for "Blood & Bone" are...

I subscribed to the boc-L list again last night still havn't seen anything
from it, but you're welcome to cc this message in there if you think other
folks input might be interesting..

Have a good birthday bash!

-Steve

--