NIK : ICU discs

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Mar 10 09:29:33 EST 1997

In message <UPMAIL01.199703101246540759 at msn.com>, Andrew Gilham
<Andy_Gilham at MSN.COM> writes
>If we can get PT and ME out on a single CD, that would satisfy me for
>starters... although if there's a decent enough live tape (with a version of
>"Crusher" on it!!!) that would be cool too.  And it would good to have "Blood
>& Bone"...  If we can stretch to 2 CDS, then maybe ME + some live + any bits
>of Punkadelic that can be found on one, and then PT + B&B on the other, makes
>most sense.
>
>Like you, I'm sure 500 would sell in no time.  So we're looking at an up-front
>of what, a few grand?  Hmmm...
>
>- Andy

MMM would do 500 copies for 725 UKP. My brother will do any DAT
transfers for free. Hopefully initial outlay will be not much more than
a grand or so. My bro and I should be able to cover at least half maybe
all of that depending on how quick the outlay can recovered. My next
step is to find as many fan-based outlets as possible. There's the
obvious like Hawkfan and Hawkfrendz. I've mailed the Moorcock App. Soc.
who also carry other Hawkwind releases. Any suggestions? Could the
OzHawks take 10 copies between them for instance? Who do I contact in
the States for Non-NetHawks? Kadu Flyer? I'm going to go through proper
distributors too, but Fans need to be _told_ at least, if not the
opportunity to buy at source.

BTW I mentioned this project to my old guitarist, also an old ICU fan.
After my band he formed Levitation, who apparantly have four albums
worth of unreleased material lying around. He's interested in putting
them out the same way....
--
Jon Browne