NIK : ICU discs

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Mon Mar 10 12:33:59 EST 1997

Cliff & Pam Wheaton wrote:

> Hi all!
> I just had to ask about this one!! Will someone please tell this HW/Nik
> Turner fledgling what these are? Thanks in advance!!
> I purchased "Past or Future" yeaterday-It's awesome!!! I'm gonna hafta
> get somemore of this work!!
> Pam

I would class Inner City Unit as a tongue-in-cheek punk version of
Hawkwind. They are not as spacey as Hawkwind, but a lot of their music
is fun to listen to.
There is very little similarities in Nik's solo stuff with ICU (even in
the songs he re-recorded).
There are good examples of what to expect on the Friends & Relations
albums (eg "Human Beings")

William