NIK : ICU discs

Cliff & Pam Wheaton cwheaton at MICRON.NET
Tue Mar 11 03:20:42 EST 1997

Jon Browne wrote:

> In message <332443B5.4BBB at micron.net>, Cliff & Pam Wheaton
>
> After Nik ejected from Spaceship Hawkwind in deep space in 1976 or 77 he
> formed a Psychedelic Punk band called Inner City Unit which itself had a
> couple of incarnations. This band wrote, performed and occasionally
> recorded several of the tracks currently being revived by Nik Turner's
> "Hawkwind" / Space Ritual, among many others of equal worth which at
> present languishing in the archives. They were also *the* most exciting
> live act I ever saw and I've seen a few, I can tell you!  ICU originals
> on Nik's Cleopatra output include Watching The Grass Grow, Strontium 90
> (originally Nuclear Waste itself a revival of a track by The Radiators -
> a band which featured Nik, Sting, Steve Hillage among others),
> Stonehenge, Who Knows? , Cybernetic Love, Bones Of Elvis & Fallout. So
> as you can see, there's a pretty damn strong case for the original
> versions being made available especially when they are arguably much
> better, albeit "punker". Steve Pond was the guitarist for ICU (Hello
> Steve) who maintains the excellent ICU homepages where I believe he's
> giving away Maximum Effect singles <grin>. Now you're going have to web-
> search for the URL......
> --
> Jon Browne
Thank you!!
Sounds interesting to me!! The one I've got seems (to my limited
experience) to be alot of old HW stuff-Am I correct in my assumtion
here? I sure am enjoying this, tho-I keep finding new cool tunes to
listen to!! (god's-I sound like a teenager now :) )
Pam

--
                 Pam Wheaton                    Cliff  Wheaton
            _____/----^---\____       The greatest tool for  world peace
cwheaton at micron.net
URL:http://netnow.micron.net/~cwheaton