No subject

Daniel Wikdahl mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE
Tue Mar 11 12:21:54 EST 1997

Adrian;
>Could not agree more, SEE in retrospect was a waste.  DFtR is great and
>I love Astronomy, but other than these two tracks there was nothing else
>on SEE I liked.  Covers were well played but when you have as much great
>material as they had and were playing in those days why put two covers
>on a single live album?  I think Columbia was trying to take advantage
>of BOC's live personality. They pulled similar gaffes with Mahagony
>Rush.  Marino was the same way and he too was with Columbia.  Tales of
>the unexpected is half studio and half live and there are plenty of
>other live recordings of Frank.  Both BOC and Frank had tremendous
>appeal live. Speaking of obvious omissions how  about Flaming Telepaths,
>OD On Life Itself and Dominance and Submission to go along with
>Stairways.

Maybe you're right... but isn't fun to hear somethingelse sometimes?
And the only good place to put a cover (or two) is on a live-album.
(But I've got to admit that I'm not THAT fond of SEE myself either.)
                                -Daniel

"Jag har en papegoja -så jag bestämmer" (Rickard Fuchs)

Daniel Wikdahl
Kaptensgatan 2a
S-39 236 KALMAR
SWEDEN